If you think the fall is a bad time to buy or sell a home, think again. Here are five different advantages to buying and/or selling this fall.
It’s not only a great season to get outside; it’s also a great season to get into the real estate market. Today I want to share five reasons why you should buy or sell a home this fall:
1. Tax breaks. If you close on a home before December 31, you may get a write-off on your taxes. Any payments made before closing on your loan are tax deductible. Sellers can also get tax breaks from closing costs and home improvement costs.
2. A new home for the holidays. If you buy or sell early enough, you’ll be able to get settled in your new home just in time for the holidays. Moving during a calmer time of year also gives you easier access to many of the necessary resources than in the spring and summer months.
Establishing a smart pricing strategy is key.
3. The right price. The spring and summer typically bring large numbers of buyers and sellers into the market. This isn’t always a great thing. It could lead to too much supply and you might not get exactly what you ask for on your home. If you establish a smart pricing strategy, you could stand out among the crowd, especially in the fall and winter. Buyers can also get a great price on a home without having to go through bidding wars or having to offer over asking price.
4. Less competition. There may be fewer homes on the market, but there will be less competition as well. Buyers tend to be more serious when coming through your home, which means you won’t have to sift through the riff-raff and figure out who’s serious and who’s not.
5. Great deals. If you coordinate your timing correctly on items you will use to fix your home up with, you may have pricing to your advantage. Keep in mind holiday and Black Friday sales.
Those are my top tips for why you should consider buying or selling a home in the fall. If you have any other questions for me in the meantime, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.