Here’s what you should know about the 2020 real estate market so far.Search All Homes on the MLS Here Receive a FREE Home Value ReportIf you’re like the majority of homeowners (and
5 Tips to Boost Your Home Search
Here’s what you need to remember before browsing for your next home.
How will you know if you’ve found the property that’s truly right for you? Well, there are a ton of options out there on the market, but only a few will fit all of your criteria. Follow these tips to help simplify your home search:
1. Make a list of your needs and wants. Before you even start looking at properties, make sure you’ve made a list of everything you absolutely need to have in a home. This should include your maximum budget, minimum number of bedrooms, and yard size. Maybe an in-ground pool is a must, or, if you have young children or four-legged friends, a fenced-in yard may be required.
After you’ve established needs, move on to the wants; maybe you need three bedrooms but would prefer to have a fourth. On the ‘want’ list, include every non-necessity that would be icing on the cake.
2. Pinpoint your ideal location. The mantra you’ve heard a million times is still as true as ever: location matters. Perhaps you want to be within a certain school district or work commute time. While it’s great to highlight a few specific neighborhoods, I suggest you keep an open mind; your real estate agent could point you to a great neighborhood you’ve never heard of before.
3. Ask questions. When searching for a home, you’ll most likely go to multiple showings. Make sure to come prepared with a list of questions to ask your real estate agent. These can include (but are not limited to) the following:
“When was the roof last repaired?”
“Is the HVAC system new?”
“Is everything up to code”
When touring the property, it’s important to have an eye for detail. If anything looks unfinished or in disrepair, make note of it. Although these things may not be significant enough to steer you away from purchasing the home, you can include them in the negotiations.
4. Have an open mind. You may stumble across a home online that doesn’t catch your attention visually. However, after reading the property description, you discover that it meets all of your needs. In a case like this, it’s worth remembering that you can always make any changes you want to a home after purchasing so that it better suits your style.
5. Work with an experienced agent. Real estate agents have insider knowledge of the local market, and we know where to look for the latest listings. We at the Snyder Team have decades of experience, and we’re excited to help you with your real estate needs!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d be glad to help you.
As a licensed real estate professional in Minnesota and Wisconsin and a nation-wide referral community. I provide much value to facilitating real estate transactions with focus in the luxury and reloc....